- Controls and inhibits crack formulation caused by plastic shrinkage, settlement or other internal stresses in concrete.
- Reduces shotcrete rebound.
- Improves fresh mix properties (homogeneity & cohesiveness).
- Increases concrete durability, shock, impact & fatigue Resistance.
- Replaces light gauge welded-wire reinforcement and traditional shrinkage and temperature reinforcement.
- Easily distributed throughout the cementitious mix.
- Restrains shrinkage cracking and acts as post-crack reinforcement.
- Compatible with all types of cement and concrete admixtures.
DonFiber PP Macro is a synthetic macro fibre reinforcement, manufactured from 100% copolymer/polypropylene fibres. It is designed for use with all cementitious mixes, especially for shotcrete applications and tunnel linings to increase impact resistance.
The inclusion of DonFiber PP Macro within a concrete mix or cementitious mixes will reduce and control plastic shrinkage cracks and early age cracks, increase crack control under high pressure and minimize spalling in conjunction points.
DonFiber PP Macro is ideally designed for the following applications:
- Tunnels linings, segments, and slope stabilization.
- Slab on grade.
- Elevated slabs, industrial floors.
- Parking areas.
- Precast concrete.
- Water tanks, Irrigation project, channels.
- Coastal Structures, ports, quays and marinas.
- Residential applications.
DonFiber PP Macro is available in 2.1" (54 mm) fibre length (min tolerance 2%). Filled in degradable pucks or bags with various pack sizes.
Dosage of DonFiber PP Macro will vary depending on the area of application and the required properties of concrete mixes. Typical dosage is between 3.3 - 12.5 lb/yd³ (2.0 – 7.5 kg/m³) of concrete.
DonFiber PP Macro can be used as secondary reinforcement and replace traditional shrinkage and temperature steel mesh within concrete, following
necessary project calculations.
DonFiber PP Macro complies with the requirements of STM C1116, Type III, ASTM D7508 and EN 14889 Part II, Type II.