- Controls and inhibits crack formulation caused by plastic shrinkage, settlement or other internal stresses in concrete.
- Improves fresh mix properties (homogeneity & cohesiveness).
- Increases concrete durability, shock, impact & fatigue Resistance.
- Replaces light gauge welded-wire reinforcement and traditional shrinkage and temperature reinforcement.
- Restrains shrinkage cracking and acts as post-crack reinforcement.
- Easily distributed throughout the cementitious mix.
- Compatible with all types of cement and concrete admixtures.
DonFiber PP Macro X is a synthetic macro fiber reinforcement for structural use, manufactured from 100% copolymer/polypropylene fibers in the shape of twisted bundles of monofilament fibers. It is designed for use with all cementitious mixes, and specially for use as a secondary reinforcement in slab on grade applications and industrial floors.
The inclusion of DonFiber PP Macro X within a concrete mix or cementitious mixes will reduce and control plastic shrinkage cracks and early age cracks, increase crack control under high pressure and provide ductility, high energy absorption and flexural toughness to concrete, and eliminate the need for steel mesh and steel fibers.
DonFiber PP Macro X is ideally designed for the following applications:
- Slab on grade.
- Industrial floors and parking areas.
- Precast concrete.
- Concrete roads, pavements, bridge decks.
- Port concrete linings.
- Concrete blocks.
- Water tanks, Irrigation project, channels.
- Residential applications.
- Tunnels segments linings and tunnel floors.
- Ground stabilization.
DonFiber PP Macro X is available in 2.1" (54 mm) fiber length (min tolerance 2%), filled in 3.0 lb (1.36 kg) water-soluble bags. Other packaging options may be available upon request.
Dosage of DonFiber PP Macro X will vary depending on the area of application and the required properties of concrete mixes. Typical dosage is between 3.0 - 8.4 lb/yd3 (1.8 – 5.0 kg/m³) of concrete.
DonFiber PP Macro X can be used as secondary reinforcement and replace traditional shrinkage and temperature steel mesh within concrete, following
necessary project calculations.
DonFiber PP Macro X complies with the requirements of:
- ASTM C1116, Type III
- EN 14889 Part II, Type II.
- ASTM D7508.
- ICC AC 383.