- Controls and inhibits crack formation caused by plastic shrinkage, settlement or other internal stresses in concrete.
- Reduces fire explosive spalling under rapid heating.
- Reduces shotcrete rebound.
- Improves fresh mix properties (homogeneity & cohesiveness).
- Increases concrete durability.
- Improves resistance to impact and abrasion.
- Easily distributed throughout the cementitious mix.
- Multidirectional reinforcement.
- Compatible with all types of cement and concrete admixtures.
- Corrosion resistant.
DonFiber PP1000 is a monofilament micro fiber reinforcement, manufactured of 100% polypropylene fibers containing no polyamide, nylon or reprocessed
olefin materials. It is designed for use with all cementitious mixes.
The inclusion of DonFiber PP1000 within a concrete mix or cementitious mixes will reduce fire explosive spalling, control plastic shrinkage cracks, and early age cracks.
At high temperatures fibers melt, creating channels within the concrete that prevent explosive spalling. Due to the melting, the internal stresses in the concrete that lead to explosive spalling are reduced.