- Improves the workability of concrete mixes.
- Increases frost resistance.
- Improves early and ultimate strengths.
- Chloride-free; does not attack reinforcement.
Donplast A5000 is a chloride-free concrete admixture in a liquid form specially formulated to produce high-quality concrete mixes at very low temperatures.
Donplast A5000 is recommended for use in conditions such as:
- Concrete casting at low temperatures.
- Expected overnight frost.
- Early concrete strength requirements.
- High strength concrete.
- Can be used as a sole additive to achieve required concrete performance at very low temperatures.
Donplast A5000 is available in 5 gal (19 litre) containers as well as 275 gal (1,041 litre) and 330 gal (1,249 litre) IBC totes. Bulk supply in tanker trucks is also available upon request.
Dosage of Donplast A5000 will vary depending on cement content and outside temperature. The required dosage should be determined for each case.
The recommended dosage of Donplast A5000 is 11 to 31 fl oz/100 lb (715 - 2,015 ml/100 kg) of cement or cementitious materials in the mix including GGBFS, PFA or micro-silica. Dosages outside the typical range given above may be used to meet particular requirements.
Donplast A5000 complies with the requirements of Specification for Chemical Admixture for Concrete ASTM C494 as a Type C and E admixture, depending on the used dosage.