- Improved workability reduces placing and compaction problems.
- Workability retention for long distance concreting.
- Cold joints can be avoided by extending initial and final concrete setting time.
- Higher strength with same cement content.
- Cement saving without affecting strength.
- More durable concrete as a result of reduction in permeability and lower water to cement ratio.
Donplast R65 is formulated from selected polymers specially designed to enable the water content of the concrete to perform more effectively.
This effect can be used to improve workability, to increase ultimate strengths or to facilitate a reduction in the cement content while sustaining and improving mix properties.
Donplast R65 has retarding properties; this effect can be used in concrete where high cement content or high temperatures are involved, or where extended setting time is required.
- Roller compacted concrete (RCC).
- Hot weather concreting.
- Where workability retention or retardation are required.
- To produce high quality concrete of improved durability and water tightness.
Donplast R65 is available in 5 gal (19 litre) containers as well as 275 gal (1,041 litre) and 330 gal (1,249 litre) IBC totes. Bulk supply in tanker trucks is also available upon request.
The recommended dosage of Donplast R65 is 0.75 - 15 fl oz/100 Ib (50 - 975 ml/100 kg) of cement or cementitious materials in the mix including GGBFS, PFA or micro-silica.
Representative trials should be conducted to determine the optimum dosage of Donplast R65 to meet the performance requirements by using the materials and conditions in actual use.
Donplast R65 complies with the requirements of Specification for Chemical Admixture for Concrete ASTM C494 as a Type B and D admixture, depending on the used dosage.