- Greatly minimizes or eliminates bleeding or segregation problems by improving cohesion of the mix.
- Provides flexibility in mixture proportioning and batching.
- Lower sensitivity against variations in the constituent materials and gap graded aggregates.
- Evenly disperses aggregates within mix.
- Facilitates placement of pervious concrete mixtures.
- Improves stability during transportation.
- Enhances surface appearance.
Donplast VMA is a ready to use, liquid admixture specially developed for producing self-consolidating concrete (SCC) with enhanced viscosity and controlled rheological properties.
When Donplast VMA is used in conjunction with superplasticizing admixtures, concrete exhibits superior stability with increased resistance to bleeding & segregation while maintaining the desired flow for proper placement and consolidation. Moreover, Donplast VMA contains no added chlorides or chemicals known to promote the corrosion of steel.
Donplast VMA has been specially developed for Self- Consolidating Concrete (SCC) and can also be used for other types of concrete, where improved stability during transportation and placing is required.
The applications for Donplast VMA include:
- Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC).
- Lean concrete mixtures.
- Concrete containing “gap-graded” aggregates or manufactured sand.
- Low fines content concrete.
- Pumped concrete.
Donplast VMA is available in 5 gal (19 litre) containers as well as 275 gal (1,041 litre) and 330 gal (1,249 litre) IBC totes. Bulk supply in tanker trucks is also available upon request.
Dosages of Donplast VMA will vary widely depending on w/c ratio and the gradation of the materials used. Consult DCP’s representative for appropriate dosing suggestions. Guidance dosage of Donlast VMA is 1 – 14 fl oz/100 lb (65 – 910 ml/100 kg) of cementitious materials in the mix, including GGBFS, PFA or microsilica.
Representative trials should be conducted to determine the optimum dosage of Donplast VMA to meet the performance requirements by using the materials and conditions in actual use.
Donplast VMA complies with the requirements of the Specification for Chemical Admixture for Concrete ASTM C494 as a Type S admixture depending on the used dosage.