- Optimizes cement utilization.
- Improves the water impermeability characteristics of the concrete mix.
- Improves the workability of the concrete mix.
- Improves the early and ultimate compressive strengths.
- Minimizes segregation and bleeding problems by improving the cohesion of concrete mixes.
Donplast P17 is a normal range water reducing and set retarding admixture. Donplast P17 is specially formulated to enable the water content of the concrete to perform more effectively and improve the setting and fi nishing characteristics of concrete mixes.
Donplast P17 is suitable for use in the following applications:
- Production of high-quality concrete of improved durability and lower permeability.
- Hot weather concreting.
- Applications where slump retention performance is required.
- Architectural concrete applications.
Donplast P17 is available in 5 gal (19 litre) containers as well as 275 gal (1,041 litre) and 330 gal (1,249 litre) IBC totes. Bulk supply in tanker trucks is also available upon request.
Dosage rates will vary depending on the material used, ambient conditions and the requirements of a specific project. For general concreting applications
and compliance with ASTM C494 Type A, Donplast P17 recommended dosage is 3.8 to 6.1 fl oz/100 Ib (250 - 400 ml/100 kg) of cement or cementitious materials in the mix including GGBFS, PFA or micro-silica.
For compliance with ASTM C494 Type D, Flocrete P17 recommended dosage is 6.9 to 12.3 fl oz/100 Ib (450 - 800 ml/100 kg) of cement or cementitious materials in the mix including GGBFS, PFA or micro-silica.
Representative trials should be first conducted to determine the optimum dosage of Flocrete P17 to meet the performance requirements by using the materials and conditions in actual use.
Donplast P17 complies with the requirements of Specification for Chemical Admixture for Concrete ASTM C494 as a Type A and D admixture, depending on the used dosage.