- Can be used in air entrained concrete.
- Minimize the risk of cracking caused by drying shrinkage.
- Increases the service life of the structure.
- Does not impact the w/c ratio.
- One component liquid, ready and easy to use.
- Improves appearance, watertight qualities, and durability.
- Reduces maintenance and repair costs.
- Reduces stress-induced one-dimensional surface drying on concrete slabs and floors.
- Reduces curling
Donplast SR100 is a liquid shrinkage reducing admixture specially formulated to provide a significant reduction in drying shrinkage and subsequent potential cracking, therefore, reducing the risk of subsequent cracks.
The addition of Donplast SR100 can reduce the drying shrinkage in cementitious mixes up to 80% at 28 days, and as much as 35 - 50% long term. This result is achieved due to Donplast SR100 reducing the surface tension and internal tensile stresses in the pores that cause shrinkage of the cement paste.
- Floors and foundations.
- Silos and concrete pipes.
- Bridge decks and parking garages.
- Watertight construction (i.e. water tanks, swimming pools, reservoirs, sewage treatment plants, etc.).
- Underground construction.
- Can be used in ready mix, precast and pre-stress concrete; in addition to mortar, grout and wet mix shotcrete.
Donplast SR100 is available in 5 gal (19 litre) containers as well as 275 gal (1,041 litre) and 330 gal (1,249 litre) IBC totes. Bulk supply in tanker trucks is also available upon request.
Given that the product’s performance is affected by used materials, mix design and site conditions, It is recommended that trial mixtures with different addition rates are evaluated for shrinkage reduction according to ASTM C157 before commencing with a specific dosage.
The typical dosage range of Donplast SR100 is 8 – 30 fl oz/100 lb (520 – 1950 ml/100 kg) of cement or cementitious materials in the mix including GGBFS, PFA or micro-silica.
Donplast SR100 complies with the requirements of the Specification for Chemical Admixture for Concrete ASTM C494 as a Type S admixture.