- Densification of the concrete surface, as it penetrates deep and reacts to form crystals that fill the pores of the concrete.
- Significantly improves the abrasion resistance and hardness of the concrete surface.
- Contributes to the enhancement of the compressive strength of concrete at all ages.
- Increases water retention, which aids in the curing process of concrete.
- Ensures proper bonding of subsequent coatings to the concrete surface since it eliminates surface concrete salts.
- Acts as a dust proofer for concrete surfaces
Sethard S100 is a clear liquid surface hardener, dust proofer and curing aid designed for application to concrete and other cementitious floors. Sethard S100 is based on water-based sodium silicate treatment which penetrates deep in the surface resulting in the densification of the concrete.
Sethard S100 reacts chemically with the concrete to produce clear, dense, durable and abrasion-resistant surfaces.
Sethard S100 is recommended for new and old cementitious surfaces, such as concrete floors and granolithic paving. It should not be used to renovate concrete which is already disintegrating.
Typical applications include:
- Cold stores.
- Food processing plants.
- Industrial Plants.
- Shopping Malls.
- Parking lots and driveways.
The coverage is 160 - 285 ft²/gal (4 - 7 m²/ litre) per coat.
Where two coats are required to ensure maximum densification; the second coat should be applied after 2 - 3 hours of applying the first coat.
Sethard S100 is available in in 1 gal (3.8 litre) jerrycans, 5 gal (18.9 liter) pails and 55 gal (208.2 litre) drums.