- Helps achieving concrete desired strengths.
- Minimizes potential surface cracking and shrinkage.
- Promotes a harder dust free surface.
- Single component.
- Can be spray applied to reduce labor cost.
- VOC compliant (less than 50 g/ltr).
Setseal 33 is a water-based curing compound formulated from selected emulsified paraffins to form a low viscosity wax emulsion.
Setseal 33 supplied as clear and white pigmented colours; the clear colour is a white liquid, which forms a wet white film when applied to concrete
surfaces, this dries to form a transparent film.
The white pigment colour is a white milky liquid, which forms a white film after drying and reflect 60 - 80% of the sunlight providing the recommended coverage has been maintained.
The two grades are designed to retain sufficient moisture in the concrete to ensure full hydration of the cement, which is essential for optimum strength development
Setseal 33 is used mainly for newly cast concrete and cementitious surfaces to retain sufficient moisture to ensure full hydration of the cement.
Typical application areas include:
- Runways and roads.
- Roof decks.
- Retaining walls.
- Irrigation canals.
- Concrete floors.
- Columns and underground foundations.
The recommended coverage rate is 160 ft²/gal (4 m²/liter).
Setseal 33 is available in 5 gal (18.9 liter) pails, 55 gal (208.2 liter) drums and 275 gal (1041 liter) totes.
- Setseal 33 complies with AASHTO M 148 and ASTM C309, Type 1 and 2, Class A, when applied at the recommended coverage rate.